So, Sweet Betsy Ross was finally ransomed from the clutches of Taiwanese Customs for the low, low price of NT$800 (US$27). I did like Cassia's suggestion that they wanted to make sure the laptop wasn't being imported against its will and that's why they asked for power of attorney. Alas, it does not have the ability to travel through time, but it does have a built-in webcam--in case you thought someone had killed us and was photoshopping pictures to make it look like we were still living. Or you're my mom and want to confirm that I do indeed mainly call and write at 3 am in my PJs.
Right now, I'm trying to decide how to decorate Sweet Betsy Ross so she looks more like herself and less like Sarah Plain and Tall (as she does at the moment). Paul offered the extra Guitar Hero stickers, so she might wind up with a flaming skull and crossbones or something. That seems appropriate for a founding myth figure, right?
I'll try to take a picture (ideally using its own webcam and an elaborate arrangement of mirrors) so you can all appreciate its majesty appropriately. It's like a laptop aircraft carrier; it's huge! I'm worried it won't fit in my bag.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad it finally got to you! :)
That is sweet that you got your computer finally. I am pretty sure we are getting a webcam this week so once I figure out how to use it we can talk via the web.
Post a Comment