Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wide-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed And ....

Dear All,
Well, Paul and I made it back home finally. I assumed you guessed that from the lack of obituaries and family phone calls. We've also gotten on a kind of sleeping schedule. (Guess who was able to sleep for more than 5 hours straight last night? Me!) Now we're just kicking back and working through our back mail and to-dos that can finally be done now that we're in the same country as they are. It's exciting.

As for the surprise, I dyed my hair purple--well, cranberry-colored. Except it didn't quite work. Apparently, when you take a red-violet tone and layer it over dark brown hair, you get that superheroine red-purple color like in X-men. Which was cool until I took a shower (tragically, days later due to travel) when the color lost its intensity, making it less superheroine-y and more boring red-y. Oh, well. I've always said I wanted to be a redhead. I guess I got my chance.

There's a picture of my hair right after it was done, which I will post as soon as I can remember where we packed the connection for the camera.

3 comments:

Cassia said...

I look forward to seeing the picture. :) Glad you made it back safely!

PML said...

So are you going to have to change the name of your blog now?

Jennifer said...

Yes, I suppose.