Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tales of Disappointment (Me) and Bliss (Paul)

Well, Paul is almost done with his root canal and is reporting it to have been terror-free. He goes back in one week to get a permanent crown put on. (I think. I'm not really up on root canals and I slept through his Saturday appointment. ) Anyway, all's well on that front. I continue the monotonity of working, sleeping, and occasionally watching a video. It's thrilling, just thrilling. I wish we had only signed up for six months, so it really wouldn't matter that I'm just crossing off the days. If it was just six months, then I'd have six weeks left. That's a great time to feel lackluster about an experience.

Paul seems to be just peachy-keen. He's not sick, his teeth don't hurt anymore and he got Guitar Hero III, Tony Hawk's Project 8, and Virtual Fighter 5 all in the same week. So he's swell.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Methinks it might be time for a small jaunt to the beach or zoo or somewhere fun. Do you have any mini - vacations planned? I think this is where the lack of hobbies is starting to get to you. How about a temple trip? Photography? Or adding to your Sylvanian collection? If all else fails, indulge in chocolate and Dr. Pepper. We are glad Paul's tooth is feeling better and that his root canal has gone so well.

Anonymous said...

Mom says I have to be nice so here I go, guess what? I got Radiant Dawn and you won't hear from me for a few weeks, because frankly, it rocks. And my horribly inaccurate student teacher is leaving! Isn't it great?

Jennifer said...

Yeah, Paul's mentioned maybe taking me to the beach. We just don't have any vacation days until Christmas Eve or New Year's, depending on whether Audra's petition is approved. Maybe we'll take a day trip to the beach next Saturday, if people can go.

Kara said...

People, schmeeple. You're a people, Paul's a people, take yourselves and do something fun.On an aside, I learned about slant rhyming today. I am feeling old - I thought rappers just used poor grammer and pronunciation. I am still not convinced.

Kara said...

Though they probably spell better than me. Grammar. I knew there was a reason for the preview button. Sigh...

Jennifer said...

"You're a people, Paul's a people..." Really? I had no idea Paul and I were independent cultures. Maybe we can get ourselves recognized by the UN...